Exploring the anti-metastasis mechanisms induced by Gamma-Tocotrienol and its correlation with the invasion and metastatic capacities of gastric adenocarcinoma SGC-7901 cells.
The following abstract is taken from a published study and is explained in simple terms to help you understand better. For deeper and technical insights regarding the action of Tocotrienols on human gastric cancer cells, kindly refer to the reference link provided at the bottom of this abstract.
DELTA-TOCOTRIENOLS CAN SUPPORT
INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATION
ATTENUATION OF TUMOR INVASION AND METASTASIS
INCREASE OF miR-451 EXPRESSIONS
REPRESSED EXPRESSION OF MMP-9 &Upa PROTEINS
Vitamin E is a family of two classes of compounds, the Tocotrienols, and the Tocopherols. Before extensive research was carried on Tocotrienols, Tocopherols were believed to be very potent antioxidants but lacked anticancer benefits, but things changed when pure Tocotrienols were discovered in the seeds of the Annatto plant. Tocotrienols. Especially the Delta and Gamma isoforms were observed to have the most potent antioxidant and anticancer abilities!
Introduction to Gastric Cancer and Delta-Tocotrienols
Stomach cancer or gastric cancer is the fourth most commonly occurring cancer in men and the seventh most commonly occurring cancer in women. According to data by the American Cancer Society, in the USA, in 2020, there will be around 27,600 new cases of gastric cancer and around 11,010 people will die from gastric cancer.Until the late 1930s, gastric cancer was the leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the US, but it gradually declined due to proper refrigeration of food. A few doctors also believe, that due to the use of antibiotics to cure stomach infections has reduced the cases of gastric cancer. Antibiotics kill a bacterium named, Helicobacter pylori which are believed to cause stomach cancer.
It has been observed that with time, stomach cancer develops resistance against chemotherapeutic drugs. Moreover, the prognosis of this cancer is very poor at the early stages and thus existing treatment modalities turn out to be ineffective with time. Hence, in this study, the inhibitory effects of Gamma-Tocotrienol on invasion and metastasis of human gastric adenocarcinoma SGC-7901 cells were examined.
How does Gamma-Tocotrienol fight Gastric Cancer?
It was observed, that at doses of 15, 30,45, and 60 mu mol/L, when given for 48 hours, Gamma-Tocotrienols suppressed cell migration and invasion. Gamma-Tocotrienols was able to significantly reduce the Matrigel invasion capability by downregulating the mRNA expressions of MMP-9 and MMP-2. The Gamma-Tocotrienol induced anti-tumor metastasis activity and demonstrated it’s potential as an effective chemo-preventive agent against gastric cancer.
EannattoDeltaGold Tocotrienol contains 90% Delta-Tocotrienol and 10% Gamma-Tocotrienol. One bottle of Eannatto Tocotrienols contains 125g, 60 gels. In studies, 400-900g of dosage of Tocotrienols, have been suggested by researchers for patients suffering from cancer.
Eannatto Tocotrienol has been derived from the Annatto plant, found in the Amazon which is 100% Tocopherol free. Also, Annatto contains 2x more Tocotrienols than Palm oil and 3x more Tocotrienols than rice bran oil.
Reference for the Study in detail:
- Vitamin E and cancer: an update on the emerging role of γ and δ tocotrienols.
- Constantinou C, et al.Eur J Nutr. 2020. PMID: 31016386
- Delta-tocotrienol inhibits non-small-cell lung cancer cell invasion via the inhibition of NF-κB, uPA activator, and MMP-9.
Rajasinghe LD, et al. Onco Targets Ther. 2018. PMID: 30100736
- γ-Tocotrienol Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis Via the Mitochondrial Pathway in Human Cervical Cancer HeLa Cells.
Xu W, et al. Molecules. 2017. PMID: 28777347
- Establishment of a gastric cancer subline with high metastatic potential using a novel microfluidic system.
Chen ZZ, et al. Sci Rep. 2016. PMID: 27917905
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of vitamin E δ-tocotrienol after single and multiple doses in healthy subjects with measurement of vitamin E metabolites.
Mahipal A, et al. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016. PMID: 27278668
- Evodiamine Mitigates Cellular Growth and Promotes Apoptosis by Targeting the c-Met Pathway in Prostate Cancer Cells.
Hwang ST, et al. Molecules. 2020. PMID: 32183146
- Identification of a novel 1,2 oxazine that can induce apoptosis by targeting NF-κB in hepatocellular carcinoma cells.
Some C, et al. Biotechnol Rep (Amst). 2020. PMID: 32140443
- Anticancer Potential of Raddeanin A, a Natural Triterpenoid Isolated from Anemone radiant Regel.
Naz I, et al. Molecules. 2020. PMID: 32106609
- Sphingosine 1-Phosphate Receptor 2 Induces Otoprotective Responses to Cisplatin Treatment.
Wang W, et al. Cancers (Basel). 2020. PMID: 31952197
- The vital role of ATP citrate lyase in chronic diseases.
Khwairakpam AD, et al. J Mol Med (Berl). 2020. PMID: 31858156 Review.