DELTA-TOCOTRIENOLS CAN SUPPORT
INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATION
ATTENUATION OF TUMOR INVASION AND METASTASIS
INCREASE OF miR-451 EXPRESSIONS
REPRESSED EXPRESSION OF MMP-9 &Upa PROTEINS
Introduction to Pancreatic Cancer and Delta-Tocotrienol
There are several kinds of pancreatic cancer like pancreatic adenocarcinoma, ampullary cancer, and so on. It has been estimated that in the United States of America, in 2020 alone, 24,640 men and 22,410 women will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and around 47,050 people will die due to this disease.The worrisome fact regarding this cancer is that it is very difficult to diagnose because this cancer has no symptoms. If found at the early stages, then the tumor can be removed and the life expectancy can be increased but since the prognosis isn’t easy, cancer spreads quite fast, and hence, the 5-year survival rate is just 9%.
In this study, a novel function of Delta-Tocotrienol in augmenting tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing gland (TRAIL) induced apoptosis or programmed cell death in pancreatic cancer cells was demonstrated.
How does the Delta-Tocotrienol fight Pancreatic cancer?
It was observed in the study that, when VEDT was combined with TRAIL, it significantly augmented TRAIL-induced apoptosis in the pancreatic cancer cells. Delta-Tocotrienols was also observed to significantly decrease the cellular FLICE inhibitory protein (c-FLIP) levels. It has been observed that the expression of c-FLIP suppresses the apoptosis mechanism induced by the combination of VEDT and TRAIL. Hence, the reduction of c-FLIP expression is very necessary.
Also, it was demonstrated that Delta-Tocotrienol increased c-FLIP degradation and ubiquitination without affecting its transcription. Hence, it can be concluded that Delta-Tocotrienol decreases c-FLIP levels while degrading it.
Suggested Usage:EannattoDeltaGold Tocotrienol contains 90% Delta-Tocotrienol and 10% Gamma-Tocotrienol. One bottle of Eannatto Tocotrienols contains 125g, 60 gels. In studies, 400-1600mg of dosage of Tocotrienols, have been suggested by researchers for patients suffering from cancer. Eannatto Tocotrienol has been derived from the Annatto plant, found in the Amazon which is 100% Tocopherol free. Also, Annatto contains 2x more Tocotrienols than Palm oil and 3x more Tocotrienols than rice bran oil. cancer. Eannatto Tocotrienol has been derived from the Annatto plant, found in the Amazon which is 100% Tocopherol free. Also, Annatto contains 2x more Tocotrienols than Palm oil and 3x more Tocotrienols than rice bran oil.
Reference for the Study in detail:
- Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2015. CA Cancer J Clin. 2015;65:5–29. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Wolfgang CL, Herman JM, Laheru DA, Klein AP, Erdek MA, Fishman EK, Hruban RH. Recent progress in pancreatic cancer. CA Cancer J Clin. 2013;63:318–348. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Tempero MA, Malafa MP, Behrman SW, Benson AB, 3rd, Casper ES, Chiorean EG, Chung V, Cohen SJ, Czito B, Engebretson A, Feng M, Hawkins WG, Herman J, et al. Pancreatic adenocarcinoma, version 2.2014: featured updates to the NCCN guidelines. J Natl ComprCancNetw. 2014;12:1083–1093. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Ischenko I, Petrenko O, Hayman MJ. Analysis of the tumor-initiating and metastatic capacity of PDX1-positive cells from the adult pancreas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:3466–3471. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Yachida S, Jones S, Bozic I, Antal T, Leary R, Fu B, Kamiyama M, Hruban RH, Eshleman JR, Nowak MA, Velculescu VE, Kinzler KW, Vogelstein B, et al. Distant metastasis occurs late during the genetic evolution of pancreatic cancer. Nature. 2010;467:1114–1117. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Lee CJ, Dosch J, Simeone DM. Pancreatic cancer stem cells. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:2806–2812. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Lee CJ, Li C, Simeone DM. Human pancreatic cancer stem cells: implications for how we treat pancreatic cancer. Transl Oncol. 2008;1:14–18. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Li C, Heidt DG, Dalerba P, Burant CF, Zhang L, Adsay V, Wicha M, Clarke MF, Simeone DM. Identification of pancreatic cancer stem cells. Cancer Res. 2007;67:1030–1037. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Abel EV, Simeone DM. Biology and clinical applications of pancreatic cancer stem cells. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:1241–1248. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Husain K, Francois RA, Yamauchi T, Perez M, Sebti SM, Malafa MP. Vitamin E delta-tocotrienol augments the antitumor activity of gemcitabine and suppresses constitutive NF-kappaB activation in pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011;10:2363–2372. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]